- One of a kind, New Zealand Māori design
- Supporting local hapū development
- Locally printed
- Regular fit
- Scoop neck, capped sleeves, curved tails
- Light weight, 150 GSM, 34-singles
- 100% combed cotton (marles 15% polyester)
- Self-fabric binding on neck, side seamed, double needle hems, preshrunk to minimise shrinkage
In the early 1990’s, Pehiāweri Marae was merely a whānau dream, an aspiration! In true Pehiāweri entrepreneurial spirit, ideas started surfacing of ways to self-fund our aspirations and bring Pehiāweri Marae to life. It was then that the Ngā Hau e Wha – Pehiāweri Marae t-shirts were born.
The Ngā Hau e Wha (the four winds) tohu was designed by Cliff Whiting (Te Whānau Apanui) and purchased by Pehiāweri Marae in 1991. The tohu then became iconic symbol of our Marae t-shirts.
Over 1000 t-shirts were printed and sold over the Waitangi Day celebrations in the early 1990’s, of which brought in enough funding to start the build of our Wharenui – Te Reo o te Iwi.
Now, in 2018, Pehiāweri Marae is in the need of an upgrade, like our Pou Whakairo, Waharoa and a spruce up make over. So, the Ngā Hau e Wha t-shirts are back to enable us to self-fund this new development.